I have been forced over the past few months to be what others expect me to be. The exercise was not optional and surprisingly enough I may have learned a thing or two.
One thing is for certain there are some things about me I not only like, but have no intention to change much on.
1. I am a sarcastic son of a bitch sometimes. At times it is for the humor effect and at other times it is more about ending a conservation I am not prepared for. Still others a feeling is being stepped on and sarcasm is the safest response. Either way it works and I am keeping it.
2. I rarely have any real interest in debating politics. I try to keep up with the issues and the governments actions, but I avoid the commercial version. I tend never to debate politics because it always starts and ends with the commercial bull crap, and I apparently don't have the patience to wait for the fact based debaters to show up.
3. I love my children more then life itself. I will defend them with my life and am fully prepared to take out the next person that hurts any of them.
4. Although I am Independent in thought, I most closely associate myself with Libertarians.
Definition of LIBERTARIAN
1: an advocate of the doctrine of free will
2: a person who upholds the principles of individual liberty especially of thought and action b capitalized : a member of a political party advocating libertarian principles
— libertarian adjective
I believe this nation was built on the pure idea of free will. If others are not in danger and no one is threatening danger, stay the hell out of my business. Government must be in existence to care for community and national needs. Roads, Public Protection, Judiciary & serve the necessary community maintenance. As the "Independent Thinker" I already mentioned I am, there should be a safety net for the disabled and elderly and we must have a government to represent our nation in foreign affairs. And yes, like it or not taxes must be collected to pay for those services. I just disagree with the need for all the redundancy and incompetence we call government. Local, State & Federal. If we cut the repetitiveness and stupidity they could all work part time, hell they would still make better than the middle class.
5. I will continue to highlight the violent & sexual crimes committed against women & children because until the predators are treated properly by the judicial system and/or we find a way to protect our children, I feel it is important to keep these stories front & center. Although it is a side benefit that we get to make these criminals famous. If they are found not guilty the update will always be made.
Of course we will keep up with the funny stuff to, everyone needs a reality break now & then.
6. I will continue to share my story, not to relive it or stay stuck in the misery, but to tell someone, somewhere that may read it that it can and is being survived.
7. I will keep pointing out redundancy and ignorance when I see it, I am just going to try and be more civil about it.
8. I firmly believe what I was taught in the United States Navy, when it comes to military conflict, you don't consider who the Command In Chief is, you carry out the orders given. Our Men & Woman who are and have served in our armed forces deserve our respect & we should avail ourselves of their wisdom.
9. If I drink alcohol there are only 2 places I can go. Jail or the Morgue. I had a full tour of the lock-ups throughout the West Pacific. The stories I will never remember (or admit I do anyway...) So I really like Un-Sweet Tea with Lemon.
Just My Humble Opinion.
As Usual Thanks For Your Time & Comments. CoH Please.